Savannah turned 2 months old on Saturday. She is such a little love. She is still cuddly, and has started smiling! It is so fun to see. She is sleeping better and better and consistently gives me a 6 hour stretch at night, but last night she slept for 10 HOURS!!!!! I was in shock! None of my other two ever did this and I can't believe she is! I didn't get great sleep last night, because I was constantly checking the monitor to make sure she was alive. Haha! Here's to hoping this stays a constant thing!
We went to the doctor this morning and she is right on track. In the past week, I have noticed one side of her head being flatter than the other. I then noticed that she likes turn her head to that side more than the other. I asked him about it, and he isn't too concerned. He gave me some neck stretching exercises for her, and since he was super impressed with her neck strength he thinks it will correct itself and her head will round back out. And... here's to hoping we don't have to have a helment! :) Here are her stats:
Weight: 11 pounds 1 oz (50-60%)
Height: 22.5 inches (50-60%)
Head: 15.25 inches (70-80%)
She got 3 shots and was so mad when she got them. She cried and cried, and it just broke my heart. She is not a crier at all, and I felt like she was looking at me like, "why did you let this happen"....gut wrenching. Here are some facts about Savannah over the past month.
- Eats 6-7 times per day
- usually sleeps for about 10-11 hours total and gives me a 6-7 hour stretch and then a 3-4 hour one. Goes right back to sleep now every time. We do have our off nights, but most of the time she is awesome!
- usually only awake 1-1.5 hours max in the day and then needs a nap.
- No more newborn clothes, 3 months now
- size 1 diapers
- smiles a lot, but once you get a couple of smiles it is hard to get anymore after that
- enjoys watching her siblings, and is tracking with her eyes better
- getting better at tummy time, but doesn't last long
- Rarely cries, and when she does there is a reason and it is usually an easy fix.
Flat spot on right side of head. Hard to see with all her hair, but definitely present.
Not a fan of the shots today, poor girl.
We love our little Savannah Kate so much! What a precious blessing.