Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Change of Pace

This post is something I have never done before, but lately have felt that God has laid this upon my heart to share. For those of you that know me, I am a fairly private person who doesn't easily share intimate details of my life. I am pretty easy going and prefer to blend in as oppose to be the center of attention. I never want to "rock the boat" and always try to be the neutral party in most cases. Having said all of that, I have started to realize that my faith is not something I share openly. I will admit that it makes me nervous to bring up my faith with someone who I think may not share the same beliefs. I have been praying about this, asking God to show me ways to express myself and have recently felt like this was the best place to start. =) In the past few years my faith in Jesus Christ as my Savior has become stronger and more certain in my heart. I have seen God working in my life in ways that I would never have noticed a few years ago. I am not saying that He wasn't there, what I am saying is that I never took the time to notice HIM. He is everywhere, and I feel grateful for the many blessings He has given me. There are so many things I count as blessings including; Brian, Luke, family, friends, our church and the relationships we have established there, my job, Brian's job, health of myself and family. The list goes on and on. Many of these things are answers to prayers, and I have seen things happen to myself and others, where you just know HE was behind it. I believe in the power of prayer and that God will answer your prayers, regardless if it is the answer you are looking for or not. Lately I have been sent links to numerous blogs dedicated to loved ones who are ill or dying. Following these stories I have read amazing accounts of ways God has worked in their lives, and have been truly inspired. I feel humbled by His power and love for us and just wanted to share how I felt, and "get out of my little bubble". =)

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Amanda! :)
    I completely relate to what you're saying. I also have a harder time sharing my faith in person. I'm much more comfortable expressing it in writing, so the blog is a great outlet for that! Glad you're "out of your bubble" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post Amanda! I think a lot of us Christian's feel like you do. It is a challenge to put yourself out there in such a personal way as your faith. I agree with you 100% that prayer is powerful...we have seen that first hand in our family this week. Thank you for the prayers you have sent on my/my family's behalf. Writting things are the blog is a GREAT way to share your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouragement Amanda! I admire your willingness to speak out about your faith because sometimes that is so hard to do in a world that seems to care less and less about Christ. Your post was uplifting to me & I'm joyful knowing that we share that same love & passion for our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now catching up on your blog and wanted to give you a big thumbs up on this post. In a time when many Christians feel divided by what they "call" themselves (Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, etc), I think that what is most important is that Jesus based his teachings on love, and we should love and accept everyone whether they feel as we do or not. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life as well, you being one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete