Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tis the Season...

To Be Jolly...Hahaha!That's more like it!
We had a fabulous Christmas with both sides of the family, and I have tons of pics to share, but still need to go through all of them. I have been slacking on the blogging front so I have a little catching up to do.
For our Christmas card this year, we dressed Luke up in his Christmas Church outfit and let him play in the "forest" by my parents house. Only 2 pictures made the cut, but there sure were other cute ones! Here are some of my favorite shots from the day.
We can now get Luke to do the cutest little laugh. All we do is make loud exaggerated fake laughing noises and this is what he does. Love it!
Luke is OBSESSED with photos. He loves looking at people he knows and I have made an album with family and friends that he loves! He will look at it for 15 minutes at a time (which is a lot in toddler time) and just point to everyone he knows, saying the names he can pronounce. Well we have recently found a new activity, looking at Christmas cards. Luke would pull out the basket several times a day and look at all the cards. We may be leaving them out a little longer this year!
As you can see in the above picture, Luke is sitting at our kitchen table. Well, over the past week, he has figured out that he can get into these chairs by himself and now that is all he wants to do. Needless to say, the highchair has lost its appeal and we have officially joined the table with a booster seat. Here is more evidence of his chair sitting. What a big boy! =)
Finally I wanted to post a picture of the stockings Ali and I have been working on for several months. My mom made our stockings when we were growing up and Ali and I wanted to do the same thing. We weren't sure what we wanted to do, but got a great idea from the Knochel family. Ali and I busted out my mom's old sewing machine and bought fabric and made the stockings from scratch. Having never sewed before, we were pretty impressed with ourselves. ;)
So the idea is that everyone gets a stocking with a different character in the middle. Then every year they get a new little icon sewed on that represents something from the past year. I decided to start from the year Brian and I got married, so we each have 6 things, while Luke only got 2. Brian and I have things like college emblems, NYC big apple, Italian flag, baby bottle representing Luke, Hawaii and Costa Rica icons, new house, dog, etc. Luke got a monkey emblem, since he had a lot of monkey stuff his first year, and then a plane and palm tree representing his first plane ride and trip to Hawaii. Thanks Knochels for the great idea! What a fun way to look back a remember.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! all the pics of luke are soo soo cute! The stockings turned out great! I love them and that is so fun that someone else has the same crazy tradition too :)

    ReplyDelete