Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Friday, December 20, 2013

Trees and Ice

We busted out our tree right after Thanksgiving and I love having it up.  This is the first year that Audrey got into it and it was so fun to see the two of them placing their ornaments so carefully.  







Sibling picture.  Audrey was OVER IT!


This year, I also got them all trees for their rooms.  I bought Savannah one, but am waiting to put it up next year.  I loved having a tree in my room, and the kids were so excited to have a tree to themselves.


Speaking of trees... the ice storm hit us hard.  When we moved a year ago, one of our big things was to move to a neighborhood with lots of big trees.  We found that neighborhood and love the huge Red Oak in our backyard.  It is my favorite tree and provides so much shade in the summer.  Well.. the ice storm took out quite a few of its big branches.  This is what I woke up to in the morning.  I may have cried...


My sweet hubby, raced out to the backyard and spent a good two hours knocking off ice to preserve the remaining branches.  I think it helped a lot and we didn't lose anymore after that.  Our tree definitely looks different now, but it is still very significant in size, and hopefully will fill back out quickly.


Although the ice storm had its major drawback, it did bring on some great fun!  Our backyard is on the golf course and it is right at a part with a huge hill.  That hills was crawling with kids for 3 days sledding nonstop.  We got in on the action, and some nice people let us borrow their sled.  We have since made sled purchases, should this ever happen again! =)  You can see Luke below in the yellow jacket.



Audrey attempted the "bunny slope", and may have crashed and burned.  She still loved it though!



Luke sledding with his new friend.





Savannah even made an appearance and attempted the laundry basket sled.  She was not impressed!




1 comment:

  1. Glad you didn't loose your whole tree! The sledding sounds like so much fun, and I love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete