Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekend Yard Project

What a fabulous weekend! Luke had a great first Easter (post to come soon), and it was a rare occasion where we had nothing scheduled to do either Saturday or Sunday. We took advantage of the free time, and did some yard work we have been planning. When we moved into our house 2 and a half years ago, the back yard was nothing but grass, 1 tree and a small concrete slab. Well, last year Brian was quite the handy man, and extended the patio and built an arbor. In the fall he planted 3 new trees, and this past weekend he dug up the grass to make 2 new flower beds. I am quite pleased with the results and hopefully we will be landscaping in the next couple of weeks. Here is the finished project after 2 long days of hard work. Ok so maybe Luke and I didn't do much, but we did supervise very well. =) Here is the back corner bed. Ran out of mulch so we still need to do that. Side yard bed. Brian relaxing after a hard days work under the arbor.
Here is my accomplishment for the weekend. My mom gave me the topsy turvey tomato planter and here is the finished product. Ill update with a pic in the future if it really works.
Luke really enjoyed being outside for the majority of the weekend. His crawling has gotten so fast that I brought the pack-n-play outside to "contain" him. It worked great. We also rolled out his highchair and he was able to eat some of his meals on the patio. I let him crawl around in the grass for awhile, only to find him eating dirt after onlyhaving my back turned for a second. So.... back in "the container" he went. =)

2 comments:

  1. i love the yard! nice work brian! the arbor is so pretty and i know that the beds will be beautiful when you are done! I love the idea of putting luke in the pack 'n' play. I have been wondering what to do with levi and i don't know why i didn't think of that!
    i am also curious to hear how the topsy turvy thing works...i've been wanting to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am impressed! Go, Brian! Our yard is also pretty barren. Just grass and a few trees. This inspires me to add some beds and an arbor to our yard too! (Well, I guess I'd better let Dustin get out of the hospital first, huh?) :)

    ReplyDelete