Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Audrey's Birthday

Audrey's birthday was very different than Luke's. Due to some complications after having Luke, it was decided that it would be best to have a c-section this time around. My c-section was scheduled for August 31st, which made me 39 weeks and 2 days. I went into labor on my own with Luke at 38 weeks 6 days, so we all thought I wouldn't make it to the 31st. Even though I had been having contractions for over 2 weeks, this girl decided to stay put until her scheduled date. It was bizarre to just show up at the hospital and have a baby 2 hours later. Everything went so quickly and smoothly and it will be a day we will never forget. Here we are all ready to go. About 15 minutes after I was wheeled into the OR, she was here! Audrey had many visitors that were so excited to meet her. She is one loved girl! Big brother Luke came up later in the afternoon and was a little shy at first. Tula brought a "birthday cake" up to the hospital so we could sing Audrey Happy Birthday, and Luke was happy to eat it for her. =) After a few minutes, Luke warmed up, and was back to his old self. He loves his "baby sister", and just can't seem to get enough of her. He is very into documenting her life! Thanks Aunt Ali for the camera. =)
He loves to hold her and kiss her head.
Audrey's birth was a wonderful experience, and so far the recovery has been 100% better than last time. I have some pain, but am pretty much back to my old self. Thank you Jesus! Here are a few more shots of our girl at the hospital. We are so in love!
Tiny baby feet.
She sleeps like this all the time. It is so cute, she just pulls up her little hands under her chin. So precious.
She was a hit in the newborn nursery, as she has a lot of hair and the nurses were always bringing her in to us with a new hair-do.

She will be 2 weeks old this Wednesday, and has been a wonderful baby. She has a little trouble at night going back to sleep, which is frustrating for this tired momma, but I'm sure she will work it out eventually. Overall, life with two has been great. We are beyond blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Audrey is soooo beautiful, Amanda! I know you guys are so proud! I also know you are so exhausted! It is super hard trying to find the energy to be a good mommy to a two year old AND a newborn when you are running on fumes! Rest when you can and take comfort in knowing that, like you said, it will all work out eventually!
    Also, I somehow missed your post about Luke's first ER trip. Poor little guy! But I gotta say, those pics of him all drugged up are kinda hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pics! I am so happy to hear that things went so smoothly and that your recovery is going so much better! She is one BEAUTIFUL baby girl!

    ReplyDelete