Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ebbie Neptune Field

On Friday, Luke and I were able to go to Austin to attend the Westlake Football Homecoming Game. This was a special game, because at halftime they were showing a video honoring the person the field is named after, my Pepaw.  The field was named after him in 2002, and I was able to be there when they surprised him.  It was an amazing evening that I'll never forget.  They even showed the video from that night, which was very emotional.  I miss Pepaw so much, and still can't believe he is not here with us.  I know he was smiling down this weekend, as his oldest grandchild and oldest great-grandchild were standing on the field that was dedicated in his honor.   
 
A picture of Pepaw that was hanging in the press box.
 

Ebbie Neptune Field

Luke hanging out in the press box overlooking the field.

They now sell shirts with a quote Pepaw always said.  So neat to see my son in this shirt.  I think our family took about 50 of these home. =)

Luke with the "Ebbie Neptune Field" sign in the background.

Almost halftime.

So proud.  During the memorial, we were all watching the screen while Luke was dancing away on the 30 yard line.  Pepaw would have loved it!

So glad we could be there to honor an amazing man.  We love you Pepaw and can't wait to see you again someday!

2 comments: