Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Feeling Very Blessed

We are feeling so very blessed in this household! There are many big things in the works, starting with this...
 

Baby Gahan #3 set to arrive around September 22, 2013!  We are over the moon, and so far baby is doing great.  I had my 13 weeks ultrasound this week and baby was right on track, and it's little heart was beating away at 167 BPM.  We are not going to find out the gender this time, which should be so exciting, but maybe a little hard at the same time. :)  It's interesting, because with both Luke and Audrey, at this point the sono tech had already correctly guessed the gender.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Brian and I are thinking girl, Luke says boy, but who knows!  Luke is excited when you ask him about it, but otherwise doesn't really mention it, and Audrey has no clue.  Luke and Audrey are 25 months apart, and this baby and Audrey will be about the same.  Birthdays in July, August and September.  Those will be busy party months, but then mama will get a break for the rest of the year! ;)  Here I am at 13 weeks with baby #3, definitely showing! 


This pregnancy has been just about as exhausting as the rest.  I had probably worse morning sickness than with the previous two (no vomiting though!).  I am feeling better now, but still need a daily nap.  That nap was proving challenging with a 3 year old who will no longer nap, so.... I busted out the iPad!  Judge me all you want! ;)  Luke sits in bed with me while Audrey naps, and it is working!  Hey, mamas gotta do what mamas gotta do. ;)


We have been so blessed with our children, and having them has been relatively easy for us.  It is so easy to coast through life when things are going your way, and forget who all these good things come from...from HIM!  I have so many friends who have had fertility struggles, other baby struggles, etc, and am definitely not blind to what a precious gift these children are.  We have been praising the Lord from whom all good things flow, and never want to take for granted what he has given us.  Did we do something to deserve these children...no!  They were a gift, and I choose not to ever forget that!  So praise be to God for my precious, precious babies!

We also have another huge blessing in our family...Ashley!  Rett popped the question a few weeks ago, and they have already set the big date for September 7th. Yes, I'll be like 100 weeks pregnant, but hey, I'm no stranger to that, I had Luke 10 days after Ali and Will's wedding.  We will make it work! I do now solemnly vow not to be pregnant at Grant's wedding though. ;)  We couldn't be happier for these two.  They are a perfect match, and Ashley is exactly who we have been praying for. Congrats guys!

 
This wedding is going to be a family affair, as in the entire family will be in it.  The happy couple surprised us with some sweets and asked us all to be in the wedding.  I will be a bridesmaid, Brian a groomsman, Luke a ring bearer, and Audrey a flower girl!  We are so excited and Luke has been talking about it for days.  We can't wait to be a part of the big day! 
 


2 comments:

  1. Very exciting things in store for the Gibson/Gahan clan! So happy for you and love to see you giving all the thanks to God for your many blessings! You look absolutely adorable with your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting times in your family for sure! I love your attitude of thankfulness to God, and I agree with Kate, you are one cute pregnant lady :)

    ReplyDelete