Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, September 10, 2015

First Day of Preschool

The girls are both back in school, and this mama now has two free days for 5 hours!  Whoohoo!  I have not had any consistent kid free time in 6 years, so this milestone is a little sad, but mostly exciting!  I will have Tuesdays to myself, and Thursdays I am going to start volunteering at a local women's center.  I am very excited about this time, and knowing how much they love school makes it even better!  

Savannah started school a week before Audrey.  With Savannah's birthday being September 16th, she missed our preschools cut off day for the 2 year old class by 2 weeks.  Our preschool has a 1 year old program, but it was only 1 day a week.  Both Luke and Audrey went 2 days a week at 2, and Savannah was so ready to go 2 days.  I was super bummed, but found out that the preschool across the street offered a 2 day program she could be in.  On a whim, I put her on the waiting list, not thinking much of it, and then got a call a week before school started that she got in!  I jumped on the chance and she is now in the Busy Bee class and loving it.  Her school is literally across the street from Audrey's, so it is not that hard going back and forth.  

This was also a huge blessing for me!  I have felt that the Lord has been leading me to this volunteer opportunity, and with her being in school only one day, I was getting a little stressed with fitting everything in. I knew in my heart it was something I was suppose to do, and prayed this summer that I wouldn't feel so stressed about it.  Well... what a pleasant surprise when I got the call that she got into the 2 day program.  Took a huge relief off of me, and the Lord truly answered my prayers.  Now I feel like I can fit volunteering in there, and be excited about the opportunity, and even have a bonus day to myself.  God is so good!

Ok now to the pictures of our sweet preschoolers.  












These two just love their classes and are pretty pooped at the end of the day.  Here they are resting and Savannah tells me, "I snuggle Audey".  Oh how I love these sisters!  Here's to an awesome year!


No comments:

Post a Comment