Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Birthday Party

Last Saturday we had Luke's Birthday Party at our house. It was a small family party with hamburgers, cake and presents, and was just perfect for our little guy's first birthday! Here he is listening to everyone sing him "Happy Birthday". Daddy helping him blow out the candle. Luke's first piece of cake. He wasn't sure what to think of this little car. Oh wait this is awesome! Oops, did I eat too much? We are so proud to be his parents. =) My first attempt at decorating a birthday cake. I grew up with my mom making awesome cakes for us, so I am gonna try and continue the tradition. Hopefully I will live up to her!
Here he is with the Gahan family....
...and with Papa, his great-grandfather... (As you can tell, this boy wouldn't sit still)
...and the Gibson family.
Wow, look at all those presents!
Having fun opening his gifts.
On his real birthday we went to Story Time at the library with some friends, and then the next day had some of his buddies over to our house for lunch and cupcakes.
Here we are before Story Time. Luke had a rough day. He just wasn't interested in sitting still and definitely let his mama know that. Let's just say that there was biting involved!
Here are his buddies enjoying lunch at our house.
And here are all the kids sitting for a picture. They all had party hats on at one point, but this is the best shot we could get. =)
Luke's first birthday was wonderful and we will have these memories forever. I can't believe we now have a one year old! Wow!

1 comment:

  1. looks like such a fun party! I LOVE the cake...HOW did you make those super cute little cars?! and i know what you mean about the pressure to make cute cakes, I'm hoping to live up to my mom (and Kate) too. You did great!

    ReplyDelete