Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Monday, April 4, 2011

It's A....

We are beyond excited to announce that Luke will have a... ..... LITTLE SISTER!! I am still in shock and can't believe that there is actually a little girl in there! I was sure it would be a boy, so to find out we will be blessed with a little girl is beyond words. We feel so extremely humbled by this gift and can't wait to see her sweet little face. I would have loved a little boy just as much, but I have always dreamed of having a daughter and to have one of each is truly amazing. Knowing the relationship I share with my mom, I can't wait to strive for a similar one with my daughter. I am 18 weeks today, and have been feeling her little kicks for about 2 weeks now. She looked perfect on the ultrasound today, measured right on track at 8 oz, which puts her in the 85% as of now. Both her daddy and I enjoyed watching her move, stretch, cross her little feet, and yawn. So amazing! Here she is with her little hand by her face. Here she is laying on her side with her head turned over her shoulder. You can see her spine and a few little ribs. What a cute little foot.
Here is the money shot. If you can't tell, this would be like looking at someone sitting in a glass chair. If you were laying under the chair you would see legs and a little bottom. The absence of "you know what" between the legs is the giveaway. =)
Luke doesn't seem too interested to be having a sister, but when you tell him there is a baby in Mommy's tummy, he lifts his shirt and points to his belly and says, "Luke baby". So cute! We don't have a name yet, but this little girl is already so loved, and we thank God for this wonderful gift!

4 comments:

  1. whoop! So excited for you guys and sweet baby girl Gahan!!!!! Hugs and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Amanda! You will love having one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! That is so exciting (and I'm just a smidge jealous)
    Can't wait to learn her name and I know she will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete