Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Suprise Baby Shower

Last night was a "girls night" that I had planned with some of my friends for over a month. Little did I know, this was actually a little baby shower for me! If you know me, you know I hate being the center of attention. While I had a great time at my showers for my wedding and with Luke, I decided this time around that I really didn't want one. I just didn't want all the fuss to be centered on me, and with my friends being so generous, we have been blessed with enough clothes to last her at least the first year! Well I guess these girls had other plans, and it was a perfect night! =) A small gathering of 6 of us, to celebrate baby girl Gahan. We sipped cocktails (mocktails for me and my other preggo friend, Barbara), devoured a chocolate fountain, ate the cutest cake I have ever seen, and had fun with some arts and crafts. I honestly had the best time, and can't thank these girls enough for thinking of me, and planning the perfect night! I am beyond blessed! Here I am with the cake. Thanks so much Tori! It looks identical to the quilt on our nursery bedding. Love it! (nursery reveal will be coming soon!)
Chocolate fountain and all the dippings! What more could I ask for!
The arts and crafts project the girls came up with. They knew I took monthly pictures of Luke with little signs, so they thought it would be cute, to decorate onsies for each month to document her first year of growth. They turned out so cute! I am super excited about these, and had so much fun crafting it up with the ladies. =)
The hostess with the mostess, ironing on decals. Love you, Corrie!
The finished product.
And if that wasn't enough, I got to open gifts, and got a ton of cute things, as well as some much needed diapers!

Thank you ladies for making me feel so special, and for loving on me and our baby girl. We are beyond blessed to have all of you in our lives! And in 10 days or less our sweet girl will be here to meet you all. In the words of Luke, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!"

2 comments:

  1. what a fun shower! i'm so glad you have such great friends...what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super sweet!!!! I LOVE the cake- so pretty!

    Also, about your last post- Luke's room looks great with his new bed! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete