Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kid Free in NYC!

My sister did such a fabulous job blogging our trip to NYC last week, that I decided I would just steal all her hard work and copy and paste it into my blog, so I can have it for my blog book.  Be sure to check out the end, because I changed up that part a bit.  Thanks Ali!  And a huge thanks to my parents who gave my sister and I a trip we will never forget! You guys sure are fun!

Kid free in NYC!


Last week my precious, generous, adorable, fun, wonderful parents took Amanda and I to the Big Apple for an (much needed) adult vacation. We arrived in NYC early morning Wednesday and quickly checked in our hotel before heading out to explore.


The rain didn't stop us from enjoying time outside.

My mom and I were dressed identical majority of the trip.
Amanda looking stylish in the rain.
One of my favorite parts of NYC is Bryant Park. It was one of our first (of many) stops.


I love this picture of my mom taking in the beautiful park.



Saint Patrick's is another classic NYC stop that we couldn't resist. It is so incredible to step off the dirty, loud streets and enter into such a peaceful place.




The Gang


Yes, we are in bed. Yes, it was 3:30. Yes, it was nice to relax without watching a monitor.


After a short nap, we headed out for a yummy Italian dinner. Amanda quickly spotted Jin from Lost and boldly asked to take a picture with him.


Thursday we woke up and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee in the hotel lounge. The lounge is located a few stories up off of Times Square and had incredible views/people watching.



After coffee, we walked to Penelope's and devoured a life-changing brunch filled with fresh squeezed orange juice, scrambled eggs sandwiches, and strawberry coconut waffles.


To. Die. For.


After stuffing our faces with syrup and dough, we walked a few miles to the 9/11 Memorial. It was so moving and something every American should experience. It made me proud to be an American and even prouder to be a Veterans wife.






After a long day of walking it felt AMAZING to soak our toes in a hot bath.


While waiting in line to buy musical tickets we sucked down milk chocolate shakes and were entertained by girls promoting Chicago.
Wow. They were bad and it was funny!


For dinner we ate at Bobby Flay's (incredible) Bar Americain before heading to see Sister Act.


The next day we were up with the sun to go see Live with Kelly!


It is hard to believe it but she is tinier in person.


After the show we spent hours walking around and exploring NYC.


For dinner we ate at Alex Guarnaschelli's restaurant Butter. We had a great time eating through her entire menu. We literally had to be rolled out of the doors. :)




NYC = Gibson City


Mom looking cute hailing a taxi.


On our final day we walked out of our hotel only to find a huge marathon taking place in Times Square.


While we watched people run we downed a (life-changing coconut creme filled) Planet Donut donuts.
Oh yeah and a goat walked by... only in NYC.


After our life-changing donut experience, we hopped on a bus and enjoyed a tour of the city.


It is so amazing to see how different every street is in NYC.


After the bus tour we stumbled on the mecca of food cart events.


We ate Greek. We ate Italian. We ate Mexican.
We ate savory. We ate sweet.


Chelsea market is another favorite NYC stop of mine. My sweet parents bought Amanda and I beautiful rings to remember our trip.


If you know me, you know I enjoy a good celebrity. Being in NYC I couldn't resist a little stalking adventure. So I goggled Bethenny Frankel, found her address, and took a picture on her doorstep.
Is that strange?


Bucket List.
Enjoy a glass (or two) of wine in the middle of the afternoon in Little Italy with three of my favorites. CHECK.


I love all the fresh veggy stands randomly placed throughout the city.



What famous people did we spot in the Big Apple?
They were all random. They were all D-listers. They were counted.

Billy Crudup from Big Fish
Jin from Lost
Perez Hilton
Raven Symone
Stephanie March (Bobby Flay's wife)

Amanda Knox

We started and ended our trip in Bryant Park.
Thanks Mom and Dad for an incredible vacation that I will remember forever.
See you again someday New York.



Where was Luke and Audrey during this trip?!?!
Well... don't worry about them because they got 4 whole days full of quality daddy time!  They even helped their daddy ring in his 30th Birthday.  And before you start thinking, wait you missed his 30th birthday!?...  He got plenty of attention from me the weekend prior, with a suprise overnight trip to The Gaylord, which included a rock climbing adventure, pool sitting, lazy river floating, balcony relaxing, nice dinner eating, and a kid free night.  So don't feel too sorry for our guy! ;)  I will say that I did not worry one bit the entire time I was gone.  Brian is an amazing father, and was so sweet to let me enjoy this time with my family, while taking care of our little ones.  Here are my loves on the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment