Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Monday, September 9, 2013

Celebrating Mr. & Mrs. Gibson!

My brother is officially married!  Wow, that is totally crazy!  He and Ashley got married this weekend, and it could not have gone better.  It was such a joyful day filled with love, laughter and fun!  They are a wonderful couple, and Rett has truly found his match in Ashley.  She is so easy to add to the family, and we all couldn't be more excited!  I haven't posted any of the previous festivities, so I thought I would just do all of that in one big post! 
 
 
Here was the kick off.... The Bridal shower at Gather in downtown McKinney.  It was a cute little tea house and my mom's friends did an awesome job hosting.

 







The next event was a couples shower thrown by one of Ashley's friends.  It was a backyard bash in August that could have been sweltering, but the Lord blessed us with an awesome breezy night!  It was so much fun.  Any black and white photo you see, was taken by one of the bridesmaids husband.  She is the dark haired one (Lisa), and her husband, Denmark, is an awesome photographer.  Thanks for the pics!



Rett and the boys enjoyed a bachelor party at the lake one weekend (don't have any pics of that), and the following weekend the girls went to Fredericksburg for the bachelorette party.  I have really enjoyed getting to know Ashley's friends, and we all got along so well.  It was a blast.  The bride was a sport in her fancy gloves, Bride tank, and garter! 




This weekend was so much fun, and I am happy to say I made it, and am still pregnant!  Yes!  I never really worried I would have the baby before the wedding, but being 38 weeks pregnant, you just never know!  So thank God for his perfect timing!  Here are pics from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.   Father Kelly has now married 3 out of 4 Gibson children!  We love him and are so blessed by this. 







Rehearsal Dinner at Cru Wine Bar.  My mom did a great job, it was so much fun!
















I was not very good at getting pics the day of the wedding, but I am sure there will be plenty to choose from when we see what the photographer did!  Here is a little sneak peak of the day.





Audrey got her first mani in honor of the big event.  She loved it!


Luke was obsessed with his outfit.  He felt so cool!



It was truly a magical night, and one we will never forget.  My brother decided he wanted to wear my Pepaw's wedding ring as his own, and it was so special seeing that ring on his finger.  Pepaw was definitely there in spirit.  Welcome to our crazy family, Ashley!  Here's to a marriage filled with many blessings!     


1 comment:

  1. congrats! Glad to hear everything went well and you didn't have any pregnancy related problems :) That is super neat that Rett is wearing your granfather's ring!!!

    ReplyDelete