Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! -2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sick Boy

Actually I should probably have titled this "Sick Family!" So far the count is up to 6 people who have gotten sick after being around Luke. On Tuesday Luke developed the worst diarrhea I have ever seen. Let's just say I did 4 loads of laundry and changed his clothes 9 times that day. (I'll spare you the details beyond that). My sweet sister happened to be over for the day which was a great help. On Wednesday Ali and I both woke up nauseous and threw up throughout the day. Boy is it hard to take care of a sick kid when you yourself are sick! I will just have to look at it as a right of passage into mommyhood. =) Today I got a call that Brian's parents were up all night with similar symptoms. They came to see Luke Tuesday night, so must have caught it then. Brian woke up nauseous this morning and I just got a call from my mom who has it too! Dang this is one super bug going around. The good thing is that I feel great today, so it seems to be a 24-48 hour thing. Unfortunately, this has not been the case for Luke. He is still with his symptoms and isn't eating much. I have been on the phone with the doctor a few times and we are just trying to keep him hydrated. Even with everything going on, he is still going 100 miles per hour and getting into everything. Nothing can slow this guy down! Well that has been most of the week, but here are a few pics from before the plague hit! Over the weekend we went to Walmart to do a little shopping. As we were checking out a lady from the in-store bank thought Luke was so cute, so she brought him a balloon. This was Luke's first balloon, and he was very excited about it. =) Here he is with his new favorite thing, the remote. If it is anywhere in sight he will go for it. Aunt Ali had a good idea to give him a calculator instead, but this little guy can tell the difference and just doesn't think it is as fun as the remote.
Here he is playing in Isabelle's pack-n-play. I discovered that he will play very well by himself while contained in this "cage". I don't have to worry about him falling and hurting himself and can get a little break from time to time. It worked so well at Isabelle's that I had to get ours out and put it in the living room.
The main thing he likes to do is stand up in it and smash his face into the side. This gave Corrie, Tori and I some laughs during our playdate.
And one more cute picture of our guy playing. Gotta love that smile!

1 comment:

  1. how sad that he was sick! I'm glad things are getting better though and that you are well again! That must have been tough! Cute pics though :)

    ReplyDelete